We aim to provide our pupils with learning activities that are creative, account for different learning styles and encourage independent thinking and problem solving wherever possible. Learning activities account for individual needs. Learning is undertaken in a stimulating, well resourced, interactive environment allowing children to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
- Create successful learners, who know what we are good at, know how we learn best and know the next steps in our learning. We are involved in planning our own learning and have high expectations.
- Be independent thinkers, motivated to do our best. We are curious and develop new skills and knowledge by trying new ways of thinking with confidence.
- Develop our core skills - communication, numeracy, problem solving, technology and working with others.
- Be knowledgeable about our place in the world and how we can make a positive impact here that will affect the lives of others whilst respecting that there are points of view and ways of life different to our own.
- Face challenges in a place that gives us a sense of physical, mental and emotional well-being, where we feel included, valued and respected. We feel safe, confident and have respect for each other.
Through consultation with children, parents and staff, we have decided that the following values guide how we work.
We value happiness, determination, respect, responsibility, creativity, ambition, confidence and politeness.